A NETWORK FOR CHANGE
Here you’ll find information about each committee’s mandate, current projects, and latest updates.
Check back often to see what’s going on.
If you would like to be involved please click below.
Welcome to the Climate Network Lanark
LCSC recently created the Lanark, Smiths Falls & Region Climate Action Network, a coalition of local organizations, supported by a variety of organizations and agencies. Our Vision is an engaged community, building a vital low-carbon and resilient place to live, work and play and in which other wildlife and flora thrive. Our Mission is to connect, coordinate, facilitate and support collaborative community efforts and actions to effectively address climate breakdown.
Current activities include:
- Our Natural Climate Solutions Working Group to identify priorities and develop an action plan.
- Our Agriculture Working Group to bring the Alternative Land Use Services program to Lanark.
- Building the capacity of the Network (e.g., work with Nature Canada on training in Engagement Organizing).
- Working with and supporting County councilors to apply to the Federation of Canadiana Municipalities’ Partners in Climate Protection program (PCP) for funding to complete the first three of five PCP, specifically:
- • create a greenhouse gas emissions inventory for the county and the lower-tier municipalities; this will integrate the work already completed in Perth and Tay Valley Township;
- • set emission reduction targets for both corporate and community GHGs;
- • develop a county-wide action plan.
Current Climate Network News
Mi Casa Theatre's "Lighting the Way" — Last Fall, 50 community members from Mississippi Mills, age 10-65, created and performed "Lighting the Way" an evening of plays about the Climate. Produced by Mi Casa Theatre, the event also brought together representatives from...
Participants, Climate Action Network workshop, Feb. 29/20 Thank you for participating! Now that you’ve had time to reflect, we would like to ask you a few questions about the workshop. Your comments will help us understand what worked and what didn’t, and how best to...
Climate Action Where We Live Workshop Hosted by the Climate Action Network of Lanark County, Smiths Falls & Region Saturday February 29, 2020 Algonquin College, Perth Campus, 7 Craig Street, Perth. DUE TO HIGH RESPONSE PLEASE NOTE THE LOCATION HAS CHANGED!Perth...